2016 PARAMOUNT TALL CLUB OF CHICAGO SCHOLARSHIP
Closed not receiving any more Applications
Complete application must be postmarked by Monday, January 4, 2016
Paramount Tall Club of Chicago (PTC) through the Paramount Foundation (a 501c(3) corporation – ID number 364314104) awards one $750 scholarship to a graduating high school senior who lives in the Chicagoland area and meets the height requirements of the club, 5’10” for females and 6’2” for males. The PTC scholarship is to be used toward tuition expenses and will be paid directly to the college or university that the recipient will attend. The recipient of the PTC local scholarship may be nominated by PTC to be considered by Tall Clubs International (TCI) for its $1000 Kae Sumner Einfeldt and Virginia Linquist Winker scholarships.
To apply for the local PTC scholarship, a student must meet PTC’s minimum height requirements of 5’10” for females and 6’2” for males, be a graduating high school senior, and plan to attend either a 2year or 4year college this fall. Criteria include:
- Minimum height (females 5’10”; males 6’2”)
- Academic achievement
- School activities
- Volunteer work
- Personal achievement
- Chicagoland area student
Paramount Tall Club of Chicago’s Scholarship Committee selects 3 – 6 finalists and conducts personal interviews to determinetheclub’srecipient. We cannot acknowledge receipt of alla pplications;however,finalists will be notified to set up the interview. Our recipient’s application, in addition to the committee’s recommendation, may be submitted to the TCIScholarship Committee for consideration of the national scholarships. The recipients of the TCI Kae Sumner Einfeldt and Virginia Linquist Winker Scholarships are announced at the TCI annual convention during the third week of July 2016.
Instructions for Applicant
1. Complete the attached application (5 pages). Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
2. Provide an officialhigh school transcript. Include evidence of your ACT or SAT score.
3. Write an essay on “What being tall means to me” preferably typed. You may want to include your thoughts on Marfan Syndrome and the work of the National Marfan Foundation, PTC’s charity of choice.
4. Submit completed Recommendation Forms from twoindividuals of your choice. One must be completed by an educator such as a teacher, counselor, or coach. One must be completed by another adult, not a relative, in the community out side the school community.
5. All items must be postmarked no later than Monday, January 4, 2016. Late applications cannot be accepted.
6. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all forms are submitted by the deadline. Please make every effort to include all parts of the application in one envelope.
7. If you are a finalist, you will be required to provide a walletsized photo of yourself. Do not send a photo with your application.
If you need further information, you or your school’s scholarship coordinator may contact the Scholarship Committee Chairperson, Mr. Jim Nelson, by e-mail at email@example.com